White Bean & Basil Dip
Made with ingredients found in the pantry, this is an emergency appetizer that tastes like it was planned days in advance. Creamy Cannellini beans meet fresh basil & lemon juice. Combined with minced garlic, herbs, and spices, this dip is hearty and healthy.
Servings: 3 cups
- 2 19 ounce cans Cannellini beans (or any white beans)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- juice from half a lemon
- 3 teaspoons fresh basil torn
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 ground cayenne pepper
Rinse and drain the beans well. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the beans, olive oil, lemon juice, and water. Puree until smooth. Add the garlic, basil, and spices. Blend to combine.
Serve immediately, or, allow to rest in the fridge in a covered container for about an hour to let the flavors blend.