Super Bowl Salsa
This isn't your typical out of the bottle soupy version of salsa- diced fresh tomatoes, purple onion, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, and lime juice join forces to create a colorful dip that people keep coming back for again and again. It's mildly spiced due to the jalapeno, but super bright because of the lime and herbs. An added bonus, it's also very healthy... well.... until you use chips to eat it with! I usually can't keep up with the demand, so this fresh salsa recipe is for a large batch.
Servings: 3 cups
- 4 large ripe tomatoes finely diced
- 1 medium purple onion finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely diced
- Juice of half a lime reserve other half for adjusting the acid after mixing
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- large pinch of kosher salt
In a sieve, add the diced tomatoes and gently squeeze some of the tomato juice into a bowl. Discard the extra juice.
In a large bowl combine the diced tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, and lime juice.
Add a generous pinch of salt. Mix well.
Taste and add more lime juice and salt to taste.